Thursday, January 22, 2009

YW

This year the Stake decided we would have New Beginnings on a stake level. Each ward was giving a value to present. We had Divine Nature. We gave each girl a speaking part. To teach them about the value, then they all sang Because I have been giving much i to must give. We were lacking in numbers so I was so stressed out how this song was going to work. I even tried to call to get some of the girls to come. But the girls that came did an awesome job. I was so proud of them. The song sounded great. It was a great night. I am excited about the new value virtue. We have to get working on that new value. I love working with the youth it is one of the most rewarding callings. As you watch each girl grow and reach goals that they set for themselves and how excited they get when they reach that goal. I have one girl that has struggle for a few years and I have often wondered if going to church was her thing, but as i set back and watched her over the last year she has grown so much. She is trying so hard to do what is right and trying to find friends that have the same goals as she does. I am proud of her and for her choices. I know life is not easy for these youth but if they rely on there Heavenly Father he will guide them and help them through the tough times. I love each of the girls in my ward they all add so much to are little group. This calling has not been the easiest but the most rewarding calling I have ever had.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you never leave Young Womens! I don't believe anyone could love or care about the girls more than you. I really appreciate all that you do for Addie. She loves you! Thank you so much! I will owe you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mia Maids are starting to move into Laurels--I don't know how I feel about that. They're just not the same when they turn 16.

    ReplyDelete