Sunday, September 6, 2009

You want to beat them but instead you hug them.

On Weds. Sept. 2 2009, I was having a peaceful morning just getting ready to shower and the phone rang.(it was 9:30am) I answered the phone it was the elementary school Brooke the Secretary, said Amy is Bryce home this morning I said no she said was he late I said no he was there by 8:30. She said hold on let me check if he was in class I said OK. I new he was in class because we took him to school. She came back on the line and said Amy he has not been to class at all today. I said OK I am on my way there. As I was getting dressed I called Brenda to see if she would come help us look for him. When I got to the school the lady that does playground duty was in the office she said she walked around the whole playground and didn't see any one. Tanner's teacher Mr Bailey was teaching the kids some math and happen to look out his window with the corner of his eyes and said those two kids look like they are going on an adventure then he got up to look closer out his window and said they have back packs on and a jump rope. He sent to boys out to run over where they were sure enough it was Bryce and a little boy Taylor from his class. They had been to the rodeo grounds and were coming out when they seen them. They were heading to the fields behind the rodeo arena. When they got him in the office and we came in he looked sad. They had a little talk and then we took him back to his class. I had the school counselor go and talk to him so he new it was serious. When he got home after school he started to cry. Mom Taylor hates school. And he made me go with him, I said Bryce you are bigger then he is and you could of told him it was wrong. I said you made a bad choice. He said I know I will never do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Sluffing first grade? That's a priceless story! I'm glad he was safe and sound, just up to a little mischief! :)

    ReplyDelete